Sometimes you have those weeks, where you have no patience for much and just spend inordinate amount of time fixing tangled up yarn.
I’ve been slowly untangling this on and off since last year. Laceweight yarn is a pain in the ass to work with, on its own. I want to use bits for a garland so doesn’t phase me that it’s being cut into smaller pieces instead of just dealing with it as a whole.
I spent most of two weeks ago doing this and would quickly get bored. It still looks like that, in the picture.
I took apart the pink sweater I never wore, which is hiding under the white yarn on the left, and also had other leftover yarn sitting in my closet. It took two days to turn all of the yarn into balls.
The circular rug I made was taken apart and turned into balls in less than a day.
Progress on House 3. I finished the main body but need to make the roof and windows for it, then put it all together, after putting in a pillow insert.
I’ve got it in my head that I want to teach myself how to cable knit. My stubbornness made me use this yarn over and over again. I have no idea what time I am on, probably sixth.
Originally, I was going to make blocks. Switching sides every eleventh row. Of course, when you’re not careful, you mess up your count stitch.
I have never charted anything before and instead of just writing down my notes, I put it in visual context. Of course, I’m not using dots and such, but using K, P, and cable.
By the way, I didn’t realise you only work on the front, for cables, and was doing it on the back and front, which resulted in just rows of raised stitches. YouTube helped immensely and realised my mistake.
Hopefully this time, it will turn out the way I like.