week 228

Various projects came into my hands and attention span.

Started on knitting a few rows of the next colour of this pullover.

Except when I rewound the green, I did it in reverse, so pulling from the middle, resulted in the yarn looking lighter, but it’s the same yarn and the variation will make it look nice.

So, this might give you an idea of the stripe order.

adding green stripe to striped top

 

Embroidery has always eluded me.

For a while, I’ve had several bits of embroidery thread and just couldn’t find someone to give them away to, so finally making some use of them. I separated them into colours and decided to use the greys, greens and lavenders in this project. I think purple and green together is one of the worst combinations but piling them together

This is what the back looks like as of this morning. I’m using up all the thread instead of just a bit of it.

The thing about embroidery is it’s one of those things you need a basic plan and most everything I do includes a brief sketch of some inkling in my head, which is usually not the end result, but this is one of the rare times where I just make random stitches and see what will happen. This is just an experiment, and the process will prove as a useful lesson in whether it’s something I want to pursue further.

Also, I bought a water-soluble chalk pencil in case.

By the way, as an experiment, I made a circle from yarn and tried to put that in another hoop and it would not fit. I did weave some yarn into it but took it out not long afterwards. I’m sure if you use fingering or laceweight it could fit into a hoop. Crafting should be fun and I like to mix things up, and want to work on two or more craft skills at once.

messy back of embroidery project

I have a limited palette of acrylic paint and was bored.

I changed up the girl’s lips but the changing her lips from a dark to a light blue didn’t look right, as I kept making her mouth bigger and bigger.

painting after changing a few things

I should have kept her highlights the same and her skintone was perfect the first time around. I went nuts with the white paint and she looks odd now.

The one on the right took way less time. I literally painted once, made dinner for my son and myself then came back and added another layer. Added a few dots of bronze marker.

paintings- altered portrait and beach waves

I finally attached a rug mat to the bottom of the rug I had made a while ago.

after rug mat is attached

And, I’m not sure what to put over the edge to cover the raw bits of mat.

up close of rug backing, post attaching

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s