week 259

purple doll in simple dress

I found a use for Dylan’s shirt that had a huge hole in the sleeve. Cut it and made a dress for the doll. This is just the first step to clothing them.

Need to put a face and dress them a bit more.

painting in progress

Slowly making progress on the painting. The figure should have been more to the left but it’s not that big of a deal. I’m only using three colours, (a dark brown, peach and a mustardy yellow) but feel like I’m going to have to add white and black into the mix for the background/around the figure.

For some reason, the figure looks a bit off because I made them a bit more round-backed than planned, so their back arm looks more like an afterthought. The afterthought was actually the arm in front. The back arm was supposed to be more angled. Putting her in a cold-shouldered top is supposed to make like her arms mostly disappear into it. Have been using  myself as an example, by posing in the mirror and checking if it looks possible. You don’t see their front so it’s entirely possible to position yourself like this.

some of the flowers

I’m making another ribbon flower bouquet. Gold and white striped, white scrolls on brown ones and one white spots on red flower bouquet. Since finding out I can do it, I plan on making more. Ribbon is quite fiddly so they always turn out a bit different based on material and if they’re wired or not, also length of material matters.

progress of knitted sleeve

I haven’t gotten very far in knitting the first sleeve, as you can tell, but this should give you an idea of what I’m doing.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s