week 267

The pumpkin dye made for a very pale yellow which is nice. I took fabrics out at different times and the fabric I took out a few days later, look somewhat stained, which I don’t mind. pile of dyed material

Not sure why but using my camera makes them look paler than they do. The fabrics I threw in the washer and put it in the spin cycle then air dried everything.

The yarn I took out yesterday after it’s been soaking up the dark buttery yellow. It came out last because everytime I looked, it didn’t look uniform enough. If I had another dye, this is the point it would get painted or slapped on in some way.

It’s all going to be turned into a shawl.

dyed yarn

This is slowly coming together. These are pieces for the hat, and I feel like I should have made the outside with felt, so it would be stiffer but applied interfacing to the lining pieces so hopefully, that’ll stiffen it a bit. Haven’t cut out the brim part of the hat and don’t have anything to interface it with.

pieces for a hat

The doll body is coming along but have no idea how to attach the head without it slumping over like someone full of shame. Suppose it’s a matter of shifting the stuffing around.

semi-stuffed doll body

Keep adding blocks of colour to this and a bit indecisive over what colour to add next.

crochet colourblocked blanket

And some blurry pom-poms for good measure.

blurry pom-poms

A few more rows on the second sleeve. Not sure why it’s taking so long.

progress on second purple and grey pullover

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s