weeks 300-301

The main body of the cardigan, minus the sleeves and button placket is finished. And, hoo boy, the cables are wonky and messy, but I like that. Once I begin the sleeves, the cables will join up and it will be more cohesive. Or not.

I have 15 live stitches set aside for the shoulder seams, which will be done after the sleeves are made. Bit indecisive about what actually to do with the sleeves, so haven’t started them, while this whole bit was done last week.

front view of the block-colour knit cable cardigan
upper half back view of of the block-colour knit cable cardigan

The two grey panels still have no home, and the second one is solid. Solid one will be on the back, while the mesh will be in the front.

Another project that is slowly taking form is I’m going to turn the blue crochet thread, on the right, into a scarf.

the two grey crochet panels and blue yarn

I completely gave up on turning all this yarn into a open sweater from a certain Vogue Knitting issue and will turn this into a pullover. Originally the bottom was supposed to be ribbed but I messed up on my count and threw it off, so it’s moss stitch. It will be five inches of moss then cables. Go figure. On an even number, you get ribbed. On an uneven number, you end up with moss.

more blue yarn on needles. originally was going to become a sweater from a Vogue knitting magazine pattern, but not anymore

Since then, I frogged the red cardigan that was wore once, at one of Dylan’s IEPs. I removed all the solid red yarn and kept the other two. Originally was going to keep a huge chunk of it in crochet. After knitting a few rows, which I liked, it looked a mess. At that point, it was better if I started from scratch and undid everything.

After attempting to start over on larger sized needles, it looked too loose for my taste so frogged the bit done.

I’ve since done a few rows on needles smaller than the one originally on the first attempt. I went from 6.5mm to 8mm to 4.5mm.

Basically cast on 80 stitches, although on the first attempts I did 88. So… Co80. K all. *P2, P2tog. *K1, inc 1, K2. And repeat rows 2 and 3 until you’re satisfied with the length. It’s on a multiple of four stitches, so as long as you’ve calculated that number, you ought to be fine.

It will be in stripes, obviously. And the edges will be in crochet. (Also, this is a picture of most of the yarn, minus three balls. )

starting another knitting project with the frogged yarn from the cardigan

Oh. I almost forgot. I bought these on a spur. If you buy three, you get one free for each one you bought. I was surprised when they arrived, because was totally expecting just four. So, totally have to buy resin now. It’s been something I’ve been wanting to do for the longest time so had to push myself a little.

six small resin molds

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s