week 305

When you’re taking some inches off clothes, pay attention to what you’re doing to the sleeves. On the plaid shirt, I’ve been attaching the sleeves then taking them off, adding something, then reattaching them. Both times they’ve felt super tight in the upper arm area. That’s why I started sewing because off the rack clothes oftentimes needs a bit of fixing but can’t be arsed to even bother when it’s already finished. Irony that I’m altering two tops found in stores.

Right now, the yellow and black plaid shirt is currently sleeveless and I’m attaching triangles to the sleeves, before reattaching them. I’ve taken in about three-four inches on both sides and it fits way better.

The floral kimono is still wide in the back, but not what it was. I’ve sewn up the sides, but one sleeve and side is wider when trying it on. So, need to sew the wider side so it is tighter in the armpit area. Then, I can fix the uneven bottom and the fronts don’t match either. Still want to put buttons but I’ll figure that out once the rest is even.

I’ve gotten a bit farther with knitting the back of the orange vest and 2/3rds finished with the first skein. Can start binding off and making the armholes. At this point, I have another skein of yarn that can used for sleeves, when it comes to that point, if I change my mind and want them, which is likely.

By the way, the picture doesn’t give the yarn a proper representation of its colour. This is one of those darkish orange shades that always looks lighter in pictures.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s