Well, I’ve been busy. Kiddo is still doing online school and his birthday was last Wednesday. I’ve been chipping away at projects but it’s hard to focus on any one thing.
I thought the velvet suit would be finished by now but messed it up completely after altering the armholes, so the sleeves needing some fiddling with and attaching them. Each time they do not fit, because I am overthinking it, so just gave up and bought more fabric last night to redo parts of the jacket because the fabric is starting to get snags from the wear and tear.
At least the pants only need the inside waistband and lining attached then hemmed.
Remember that dress I was struggling with? I think I might turn it into a coat because the front is ugly.
The lining is its own separate dress now. I want to attach some tulle under the skirt half.
Because it’s see through, I’m making a matching slip dress that can be worn under or alone. Need to overstitch around the straps then hem the bottom.
While attempting to make a crown for Dylan, because he turned ten, ended up making two crochet collars.
The actual crown was lace over crochet over ribbon. I sewed the ends together and voilá.
There are other little things I’m doing but mainly focused on these for over the past month.
So…it’s been a while, and, if you’re going to use spray paint then use a proper mask, because I learned quickly I’m not smart and was having a hard time breathing for about half an hour because of it. Also why the heck is Rustoleum Aged Metallic Vintage Gold not easily found locally? It’s a pretty shade of gold and had to finish the painting portion with a different gold and slightly messed it up.
I’ve been wanting a wee tray table that can be moved around. The two empty frames were on my wall. I actually tried to strip the red paint off one but it didn’t come off and actually like the shade it became after it was sprayed. The red paint came off the crisscross fencing bit way easier. Thing is I just wasted my time using the Citristrip and should have gone ahead and just sprayed everything in one go. It took several days to figure that out. Also, with all painted projects, waiting is the worst.
The handles aren’t attached but the frame and crisscross bits are attached, although I haven’t fully nailed in some nails as insurance in case the E6000 needs a bit of help. It doesn’t but couldn’t hurt. The darker gold is on top and the frames and I plan on painting the sides before attaching little feet for the underside. It’s sorta meh as it is but I’ll finish it when I actually have the wood parts for the feet.
Another painting project was deciding what to do with that 17” wood circle. I coated both sides of the wood circle with matte medium then one side plainly with black gesso and the other also with the same gesso then layered colours over it. Need to put a shellac or something over it then stick a handle in it because I also want to use this as a tray.
The crochet project is ongoing. It’s simple mesh and probably going to end up as a shrug.
That lace shrug I wanted to alter is finished. It was sitting in a drawer in parts. The ties aren’t even with one side higher than the other. The sleeves are much shorter and used most of that lace to cover the raw edges.
And there’s a pattern I’m drafting. I realise I need to make myself coveralls so there’s no worry about getting messy and having acrylic paint or mineral spirits stains on my shirt. So drafting it has started. Yes that’s Winnie the Pooh fabric. It’s not enough to make a muslin but just need enough to get an idea of what to do.