So…it’s been a while, and, if you’re going to use spray paint then use a proper mask, because I learned quickly I’m not smart and was having a hard time breathing for about half an hour because of it. Also why the heck is Rustoleum Aged Metallic Vintage Gold not easily found locally? It’s a pretty shade of gold and had to finish the painting portion with a different gold and slightly messed it up.
I’ve been wanting a wee tray table that can be moved around. The two empty frames were on my wall. I actually tried to strip the red paint off one but it didn’t come off and actually like the shade it became after it was sprayed. The red paint came off the crisscross fencing bit way easier. Thing is I just wasted my time using the Citristrip and should have gone ahead and just sprayed everything in one go. It took several days to figure that out. Also, with all painted projects, waiting is the worst.
The handles aren’t attached but the frame and crisscross bits are attached, although I haven’t fully nailed in some nails as insurance in case the E6000 needs a bit of help. It doesn’t but couldn’t hurt. The darker gold is on top and the frames and I plan on painting the sides before attaching little feet for the underside. It’s sorta meh as it is but I’ll finish it when I actually have the wood parts for the feet.
Another painting project was deciding what to do with that 17” wood circle. I coated both sides of the wood circle with matte medium then one side plainly with black gesso and the other also with the same gesso then layered colours over it. Need to put a shellac or something over it then stick a handle in it because I also want to use this as a tray.
The crochet project is ongoing. It’s simple mesh and probably going to end up as a shrug.
That lace shrug I wanted to alter is finished. It was sitting in a drawer in parts. The ties aren’t even with one side higher than the other. The sleeves are much shorter and used most of that lace to cover the raw edges.
And there’s a pattern I’m drafting. I realise I need to make myself coveralls so there’s no worry about getting messy and having acrylic paint or mineral spirits stains on my shirt. So drafting it has started. Yes that’s Winnie the Pooh fabric. It’s not enough to make a muslin but just need enough to get an idea of what to do.
I’m slowly getting back into some sort of groove then it’s followed by a few days where I want to do absolutely nothing. It doesn’t help every weekend there are online concerts, which I absolutely love as music sustains me, but it has completely thrown off my sleep patterns and I’m constantly exhausted, as it’s based in an Australian timezone.
I’ve gotten a wee bit done.
Since buying fabric online, for a Christmas present to myself, it sat in a bin together. I have the lining of a blazer and pants finished.
It looks a bit squat but they both fit decently. Until all the main fabric pieces for the blazer are assembled, then I’ll know where to put the button/buttonhole or buttons/buttonholes in front. I haven’t cut into the velvet yet.
Without the waistband on the pants, it’s a bit below where I’d like it. Also, it zips on the side.
(I have no idea what sort of blouse or top to be worn with a velvet burgundy suit, once it’s finished, though.)
Oh I’m using this pattern and just not bothering with edits and making sure it fits perfectly, as I’m trying on stuff as I go and it seems fine. I’m doing A with pockets and E. I probably can do a skirt with the leftover fabrics of both the lining and main.
Spent some time throwing some paint on panel boards. You get ideas and want to see if it’s something you actually want to pursue further or it’s just going to stay an idea. I’m glad I bought a lot of panel boards from Arteza because small doesn’t always translate to something to be done on a bigger scale.
I intentionally made one dark so the strokes aren’t obvious unless you’re close by, and the other was trying to make a lighter pink but it turned out more vivid.