I meant to post yesterday to make it exactly a month since the last post but time escaped me. Haven’t had much time for crafting as I’m currently trying to reorganise and digitise as much as possible so there’s less paper, and it’s quite overwhelming, but had to start somewhere. I’ve only done two things in the past month.
The quilt is finally finished.
I put a bit of extra squares on the top as sort of an uneven inside binding.
The other thing was to alter a pillowcase. My mum bought a pillow from (if I remember correctly) World Market and part of it was starting to have open seams on the front, so she gave it to me to remake it so Dylan can have another pillow.
It’s slightly smaller and had to remove the zipper because it was closing oddly so made it so you can slip the pillow form in from the back, but need to put snaps on the ribbons.
While I’m not able to make things, I’m just trying to slightly downsize my possessions and doing the whole recycle/toss, donate or possibly sell. Also, I’m finally getting around to putting things I’ve made on Bigcartel but pricing things have always evaded me.
Had three yards of fabric and quickly decided I wanted a dress.
Drafting is getting easier but I tend to make patterns a bit on the loose side, because I’m not putting buttons or a zipper.
The sleeves were drafted, also. The top half of the dress without the neck binding.
Went the rectangle route with the skirt and put pockets.
Dress without hemming. I should rehem it because I didn’t trim it but put it up about six inches.
Here’s a pic of me wearing it before hemming the dress so it should be a tiny bit shorter. Also showing off it has pockets.
Oh there’s another something. Pretty sure it’s a boy but he’s faceless, nameless and still naked. Need to fix their tail, too.