Well, I’ve been busy. Kiddo is still doing online school and his birthday was last Wednesday. I’ve been chipping away at projects but it’s hard to focus on any one thing.
I thought the velvet suit would be finished by now but messed it up completely after altering the armholes, so the sleeves needing some fiddling with and attaching them. Each time they do not fit, because I am overthinking it, so just gave up and bought more fabric last night to redo parts of the jacket because the fabric is starting to get snags from the wear and tear.
At least the pants only need the inside waistband and lining attached then hemmed.
Remember that dress I was struggling with? I think I might turn it into a coat because the front is ugly.
The lining is its own separate dress now. I want to attach some tulle under the skirt half.
Because it’s see through, I’m making a matching slip dress that can be worn under or alone. Need to overstitch around the straps then hem the bottom.
While attempting to make a crown for Dylan, because he turned ten, ended up making two crochet collars.
The actual crown was lace over crochet over ribbon. I sewed the ends together and voilá.
There are other little things I’m doing but mainly focused on these for over the past month.
The suit isn’t finished but turned a majority of the leftover fabric into an elastic waist skirt. Everything is still hanging in the closet. There is still a tiny bit of fabric left and unsure what to do with those scraps.
Just finished attaching the buttons to this example shirt. Haven’t tried it on so unsure if it fits.
I’ve gotten it into my head to make slippers. So far, only the cushion bits of the slipper are done.
I traced one foot onto some cardboard then cut out matching parts on stiff interfacing, then each side gets eight layers of knit fabric. The next plan is to encase it all in fabric then attach the top parts. Hopefully they turn out like my head has imagined.
It’s my mission to use up as much of my yarn stash by end of the year and recently got Yarntelier’s Shawls, Wraps and Scarves and was inspired to experiment and make a shawl using up a few yarns, and some clear beads.
Lastly, the green laceweight mohair yarn I bought on sale on Knitpicks has finally been settled. Yes, I cut knots out so some are in small pieces but I want to make flowers from all of the yarn. It’s stashed with the embroidery thread.