So…it’s been a while, and, if you’re going to use spray paint then use a proper mask, because I learned quickly I’m not smart and was having a hard time breathing for about half an hour because of it. Also why the heck is Rustoleum Aged Metallic Vintage Gold not easily found locally? It’s a pretty shade of gold and had to finish the painting portion with a different gold and slightly messed it up.
I’ve been wanting a wee tray table that can be moved around. The two empty frames were on my wall. I actually tried to strip the red paint off one but it didn’t come off and actually like the shade it became after it was sprayed. The red paint came off the crisscross fencing bit way easier. Thing is I just wasted my time using the Citristrip and should have gone ahead and just sprayed everything in one go. It took several days to figure that out. Also, with all painted projects, waiting is the worst.
The handles aren’t attached but the frame and crisscross bits are attached, although I haven’t fully nailed in some nails as insurance in case the E6000 needs a bit of help. It doesn’t but couldn’t hurt. The darker gold is on top and the frames and I plan on painting the sides before attaching little feet for the underside. It’s sorta meh as it is but I’ll finish it when I actually have the wood parts for the feet.
Another painting project was deciding what to do with that 17” wood circle. I coated both sides of the wood circle with matte medium then one side plainly with black gesso and the other also with the same gesso then layered colours over it. Need to put a shellac or something over it then stick a handle in it because I also want to use this as a tray.
The crochet project is ongoing. It’s simple mesh and probably going to end up as a shrug.
That lace shrug I wanted to alter is finished. It was sitting in a drawer in parts. The ties aren’t even with one side higher than the other. The sleeves are much shorter and used most of that lace to cover the raw edges.
And there’s a pattern I’m drafting. I realise I need to make myself coveralls so there’s no worry about getting messy and having acrylic paint or mineral spirits stains on my shirt. So drafting it has started. Yes that’s Winnie the Pooh fabric. It’s not enough to make a muslin but just need enough to get an idea of what to do.
I promised myself I’d post every Wednesday but yesterday was my birthday so I pushed it back a day.
I’ve done quite a bit of knitting over the past week.
I finally finished the body of the striped purple and black (or is the yarn charcoal?) last week.
And just began the sleeves. Still trying to figure out the length which will determine the number of dark stripes.
I finally bought more yarn yesterday to finish the yellow cropped cardigan.
Finished the second sleeve today.
Have absolutely no clue why the second sleeve’s increases are smoother. Maybe because I did them in the same rows instead of one on the knit side and one on the purl side?
I can see myself at the finish line before the weekend is over.
One of the sides are seamed. Tomorrow, I’ll finish the other side. I have a bit leftover and will maybe put on an edging at the bottom, if I don’t just single/double crochet the whole thing.
I measured and it’s 16 inches (40.64cm) from top to bottom. Didn’t measure side to side.
Saturday, I was in a bad mood and reupholstered the seat of the chair I sit on at this desk. The fabric cover had blue paint and other stains on it and the padding was peeking out in front. I used the hammer and flat head screwdriver, then pliers method of extracting all the staples. I should have bought a seat cushion as I used a bit of quilt batting and it’s not cushioned too much but it’s still comfortable.
And, yes, I didn’t iron the fabric but eh.
I didn’t do that great of a job using the staple gun. Hence no pictures of under the seat, after screwing it back on.
All the more convinced I should take up painting again so I can get better using one while making canvas surfaces.