Well, I’ve been busy. Kiddo is still doing online school and his birthday was last Wednesday. I’ve been chipping away at projects but it’s hard to focus on any one thing.
I thought the velvet suit would be finished by now but messed it up completely after altering the armholes, so the sleeves needing some fiddling with and attaching them. Each time they do not fit, because I am overthinking it, so just gave up and bought more fabric last night to redo parts of the jacket because the fabric is starting to get snags from the wear and tear.
At least the pants only need the inside waistband and lining attached then hemmed.
Remember that dress I was struggling with? I think I might turn it into a coat because the front is ugly.
The lining is its own separate dress now. I want to attach some tulle under the skirt half.
Because it’s see through, I’m making a matching slip dress that can be worn under or alone. Need to overstitch around the straps then hem the bottom.
While attempting to make a crown for Dylan, because he turned ten, ended up making two crochet collars.
The actual crown was lace over crochet over ribbon. I sewed the ends together and voilá.
There are other little things I’m doing but mainly focused on these for over the past month.
Dylan started online school at the end of August and pretty much from waking up until about 2pm, there’s no time to do anything as he uses my phone for most of it, because it’s easier to carry around than a laptop. Then after 2, I catch up on emails and whatever project I’m focused on. I haven’t been able to continue scanning but that should start up soon enough.
Even though it’s been very humid and the weather in 30C territory I’ve returned to sewing and knitting.
The dress started off just going to be no adjustment and just following the pattern directions but I decided against it because I kept cutting pieces wrong and couldn’t button the front closed. So pullover.
I sewed it odd because I sewed the skirt onto it with the front open.
One sleeve. They’re both cuffed sleeves and did away with the buttons, although I might add some for decoration.
Currently it’s hanging because the skirt hem isn’t finished but I’m going to redo it because the upper half is irking me. The waistline isn’t straight and it looks ugly. Collar is the only thing I’m happy with, and the length is nice and will be upper mid calf.
Have continued on knitting with the purple yarn. I want a button up cardigan. One yarn will be the main body, and the other yarn will be the sleeves, pockets, button bands and collar. It’s at 15” and time to start binding off.
I completely forgot about this but have started to redo the lining for purchased tweed pants that were sitting in a bin, and need to attach the new lining, and bought grey ribbon to rehem them. The original lining was grey but used it to trace the new lining.