Had three yards of fabric and quickly decided I wanted a dress.
Drafting is getting easier but I tend to make patterns a bit on the loose side, because I’m not putting buttons or a zipper.
The sleeves were drafted, also. The top half of the dress without the neck binding.
Went the rectangle route with the skirt and put pockets.
Dress without hemming. I should rehem it because I didn’t trim it but put it up about six inches.
Here’s a pic of me wearing it before hemming the dress so it should be a tiny bit shorter. Also showing off it has pockets.
Oh there’s another something. Pretty sure it’s a boy but he’s faceless, nameless and still naked. Need to fix their tail, too.
The suit isn’t finished but turned a majority of the leftover fabric into an elastic waist skirt. Everything is still hanging in the closet. There is still a tiny bit of fabric left and unsure what to do with those scraps.
Just finished attaching the buttons to this example shirt. Haven’t tried it on so unsure if it fits.
I’ve gotten it into my head to make slippers. So far, only the cushion bits of the slipper are done.
I traced one foot onto some cardboard then cut out matching parts on stiff interfacing, then each side gets eight layers of knit fabric. The next plan is to encase it all in fabric then attach the top parts. Hopefully they turn out like my head has imagined.
It’s my mission to use up as much of my yarn stash by end of the year and recently got Yarntelier’s Shawls, Wraps and Scarves and was inspired to experiment and make a shawl using up a few yarns, and some clear beads.
Lastly, the green laceweight mohair yarn I bought on sale on Knitpicks has finally been settled. Yes, I cut knots out so some are in small pieces but I want to make flowers from all of the yarn. It’s stashed with the embroidery thread.