I’ve mostly been focused on one huge project and wanted to be able to show it off in it’s entirety. Is the red velvet suit completed? Nope. Pants aren’t done then I want to top stitch everything, so everything lies flatter. I’m hoping to actually be finished by next week. Not bad considering it’s been almost two weeks since I sucked it up and cut out the velvet pieces on May 5th. I thought the velvet would be the hard part but tweaking the lining or having the lining ruffle while sewing them together is making it take longer.
The blazer part is pretty much finished. It needs a button or two, and a bit of a top stitch. It somewhat shows but didn’t iron every step, just the interfaced bits you don’t see. It fits perfectly although I had to keep tweaking the armholes because my shoulders insist on being wider than everything else on my body.
I bagged the lining and my handstitching needs work.
The pants need the waistband finished and the zipper side of the pants seam needs to be fix so the dip isn’t obvious. Also, the hems need to be fixed. I kind of want to do what was done on the sleeves, where I attached an extra interfaced part, so the lining wasn’t going ‘oh hey guys’ but unsure the length to make them. I don’t wear heels unless they’re in boot form, so will most likely make them just past my ankles. By the way, the pattern directions was to put on the interfaced side of the waistband, before attaching the zipper, and it’s way easier to put in the zipper before bothering with the waistband.
I finished using up the yarn my cousin bought me and it’s like a wee rug. My counting was all over the map and the top is much wider than the bottom.
Leftover bit made a fluffy pom-pom.
I’ve been wanting another flower bouquet so started making them out of leftover lining fabric for the the suit. (Still have enough velvet and lining fabric to make a simple skirt.) Need wire in order to do the next step because they’re currently like this.
Time is just a construct by now, only marked by Dylan showering every night and remembering to shower every other day. Days are mostly filled online, struggling through emails, and an Autistic kid struggling with having his schedule messed up, while weekends are mostly online streaming concerts.
I’m trying to finish off as many sewing projects as possible. Also procrastinating on cutting the red velvet for the suit.
I told my dad he could go through one drawer of fabric to use for facemasks. In that drawer was this one and immediately wanted a tshirt. So I drafted a pattern for a super roomy shirt and this is the end result. Some bits aren’t sewn perfect but, nonetheless, am currently wearing it. Should have made the sleeves a bit longer as they’re around the elbows.
It looks jacked up but it’s done and just wanted it done. Should have sewn it then turned it inside out.
I didn’t take a picture but changed the pink apron and the straps cross in the back. This other apron still needs the snap closures.
I found the pieces of this shirt in one of the current projects bin and sewn up part of it. I need to pop in the buttonholes and attach some buttons then fix the hem and it’s finished. Not sure if I’m going to affix the bow since the buttons are to be worn at the back so probably will make the bow detachable so it could be worn on each side.
Oh the bit I’m crocheting.
This is the progress on that project. The bottom row has bobbles but everything else is basic counting.