These past three weeks have been extremely unproductive. Especially last week, for personal reasons.
I’ve started another crochet shawl, and have started and frogged twice. Erratic crafting leads to questioning your decision making.
It looks okay now so will continue with this.
I picked up the oddly cabled colourful cardigan again, and knitting the shoulders before binding them off. I still have sleeves to knit, then the bit for the buttons and not buttons. Used a small needle, because those needles are being used for something else. I’ve decided the rest of the year will be spent finishing up as many projects as possible. There’s too many, and really need to stop starting too many to handle.
Finally applied the last layer of gesso, using a brush. I applied three layers of gesso with a roller and it didn’t full cover it, as patches of the canvas peeked through.
It took longer to open the container, than apply the fourth layer. The hairdryer trick worked except it happened after watching the episode of SNL with Chance the Rapper and alternating between the hairdryer and an X-acto knife. The episode was over for two minutes before I was able to open it successfully. And after using it, I closed the container without wiping off the excess on the lid, so will have to do it again, when I next need to apply gesso.
Finally put the small weavings in a frame. The white background was glaring, so washed a layer of pale grey on the white.
I attached ears to the crochet elephant and it’s slightly weighing it down even though the ears aren’t stuffed like the rest of it.
Still undecided over the face and the tail.
I’ve made more “coasters” and intentionally took them from the side so you can’t see the letter on top.
I have to make at least one more, but all of these, except the bottom one, are all going out to different people in the club I’m involved in.
By the way, I had a hard time making the letter M. Hopefully, the one it goes out to isn’t terribly bothered by the fact it’s horrible looking. I tried crocheting the letter at least five times and each time, it looked less horrible. The one I’m sending is the first one after I made a decent looking one that didn’t fit the circle.
I crocheted a little bowl using leftovers bits of yarn so it’s striped purple and blue.
The “plum” on top was also made using leftover yarn. I added the two leaves because it looked weird by itself.
After going through quite a few knitting books and magazines, I got it in my mind that I wanted to knit a little house.
The pieces on the right, which still need to be blocked, are the walls.
The one on the left was just leftover but I could try incorporating it into the rest of the house.
I haven’t decided if I want to make the roof a dark red or a greyish blue, although every person I’ve asked (Okay, the only person I’ve asked) suggested the dark red.
Also, have not officially decided if the roof should be crocheted or garter stitch.
Once I have the yarn in my hands, I’ll know.
Over the weekend, I cast on 129/130 (lost count after 120) stitches but got to row 10 and have no idea how I added stitches but made it worse. After getting to row 13, frogged the whole thing.
After I took it off the needles, I found it was too wide so it was a mixed blessing.
This yarn has been sitting there for a while and I wound it all onto balls. In total, nine, because of tangled yarn at the end.
I am still in the planning stages but I’m making myself another cardigan.
I’ve just cast on ten but the first row cast on will be 100.