week 237

**An addendum to last week’s post. Wasn’t really confused that he bought me the yarn, because he bought me the yarn. I was being sarcastic.**

**Another addendum to last week’s post. I forgot to say I wore a crochet floral crown on my birthday. I was quite proud that I made it in about a day. 22 gauge copper wire, bit of red and green yarn and this was the end result.**

myself wearing the floral crown

I was going to do this blog last night but the light wasn’t right to take pictures of everything. The picture still came out terrible and blurry. Need to stop taking hurried up and slow down.

Progress on two yellow pullovers.

The one for me is a little weird looking now because I underestimated one side would be too narrow so added bits on the side of the back. It doesn’t look like it would fit but it’s big enough that I put stitch holders at the bottom row and can crochet in the round to make a top. I want to add short sleeves but we’ll see how much yarn is leftover after getting to the right length.

Knitpicks doesn’t have GlossDK in Honey anymore so have two balls left. I expected it to pill more but except for that one time, I threw my crochet across the room with the hook and the hook caught onto part of it, it looks pretty good.

back of second pullover

This is a blurry picture of the sleeves with Dylan’s pullover. It’s covered but originally made the hole to slip over his head too small and he didn’t like that. The hole is wide enough without that issue. The sleeves aren’t attached but after that, just seam up the sides and it’s pretty much done.

unattached sleeves and main body in Dylan's pullover

 

The paper house looked lonely by itself so I decided to make a small village or town or whatever and have two rows of houses lined up, back to back, so it’s like you’re driving around a street. I’m going to add something to the paper so it’s not just white.

one lonely paper house

Future houses. And, yes, that is the Mollie Makes house template from issue 84.

paper houses to be

 

I’m slowly attaching the coat pieces together. The main body is attached, and have to put the collar next. I like seeing it come along although I don’t have things exactly lined up which after five tries, I gave up and just made them line up the same way.

Had to try it on because wasn’t sure where the pockets were, in line with my arms, but they’re fine where located. I added the front pocket. It might be in the way of the buttons but I don’t care. I’m tempted to do away with the bits for the buttons and just add a place to cinch a belt. Although I’m not keen on belts because they are never in the right area. It feels oversized which I purposely did, so can wear several layers underneath.

coat front without collar and other bits

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s